We are pleased to announce Plasma Media Center 1.3 beta release!
- Support for fetching media from Baloo. As a result, your media will load almost instantly!
- A conflict between GStreamer0.10 and GStreamer1.0 in some distros will no longer break playback (Launchpad Bug)
- More details in All Music mode
- MPRIS support – so that you can control PMC from your favorite MPRIS controller
- (Experimental) support for a simple filesystem based media scanner – when you don’t have Nepomuk or Baloo installed
- Replaced side panel with full-screen panel
- For the source code, we now have tests for the PMC core libs
- Numerous bug fixes and UI polish
MPRIS in action Videos time duration
Picasa login screen Detailed Music information
Source tarball link – http://download.kde.org/unstable/plasma-mediacenter/1.2.90/src/plasma-mediacenter-1.2.90.tar.bz2.mirrorlist
Follow instructions to install Plasma Media Center on your machine.
To know more about Plasma Media Center, check out the wiki http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Plasma_Media_Center
Found any bug in PMC or want to have your favourite feature included in future release? file a bug to https://bugs.kde.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=plasma-mediacenter&format=guided