Yay! I am going to Akademy …
I am so happy and excited since this is the first time I am going to Akademy. Eager to meet all people from the KDE community, after meeting them for the first time during conf.kde.in .
Akademy gives you the chance to get together with all people, share ideas, have fun and lot more. There will be so many talks by different people who will talk about different KDE projects and It will also have BoF and workshop. Anyone who wants to learn QML should attend QtQuick 2 workshop. If anyone is interested and wants to know in detail about any particular project, Birds of a Feather sessions (BoFs) is the right place. If thats not enough for you, there will be hacking room too.
This time there will be 2 hours BoF on Plasma Media Center too on thursday. I know many people are interested in this project and wanted to help in its development by code or feedback. So, please come to the BoF of PMC and see live demo. We need YOU!
Thanks to the KDE eV to provide me the sponsorship for travel and accommodation. Looking forward to meet all of you 😀
I am happy to announce the release of Plasma Media Center 0.9 rc1. This comes after weeks of improvements over testing of PMC 0.9 beta . Various small fixes has been done after beta release in order to make it better. Thanks to the KDE community to make the release happen with their support and valuable feedback. Please refer the beta release for more information.
List of fixes done are:
- Let backends have an option of not loading if dependency are not satisfied. Very useful if run in an environment without Plasma Active.
- Adding a disable-opengl option so that video can run if OpenGL is not available
- Exit PMC when escape key is pressed in welcome screen
- Option to show/hide controller
- Reset media progress slider value to default when playing of media gets completed
- Let the user toggle fullscreen.
- Allow user to browse back upto root directory in o rder to find media in other partition
- Search support for media browser
Search in Metadata Video
You can download tarball from following link
http://download.kde.org/unstable/plasma-mediacenter/0.9/src//plasma-mediacenter-0.8.90.tar.bz2.mirrorlist . Checkout README file for help.